Personal / Family
Date of Birth:7/9/38
Place of Birth: Ridgeland, SC
Marital Status: Married to the former Judy Jones
Children: Two; five grandchildren
Graduated from University of Florida Forest Ranger School
Attended Georgia Southwestern University, Americus GA
- President of Floyd Timber Company, a forestry products company specializing in timber sales
- President of Cordele Realty
- Organizer of Central Bank & Trust in Cordele
- Served on Ameris Bank Board Holding Company until reaching mandatory retirement
- Served on the Georgia House of Representatives from 1989-2008, including time as Vice Chairman of the House Transportation Committee.
- Member of the Appropriations, Banks & Banking and Motor Vehicles committees
Current Community/Civic Activities
- Member and Past President of the Rotary Club of Cordele.
- Instrumental in obtaining funds for South Georgia Technical College’s Crisp County Center and funds for Darton College projects.
Board of Deacons at Pine Crest Baptist Church