GDOT Header Image


The Georgia DOT provides a variety of transportation and roadside permits. Please review the list below and select the appropriate permit.  

Travel & Work Permits

Oversize Trucks

Obtain permits for vehicles that exceed legal weight and size.

View Info

Access Management

Permits for constructing a legal driveway within state right-of-way.

View Info


Utility permits can be obtained through the Office of Utilities.

View Info


Outdoor Advertising Permits

Vegetation Management at Outdoor Advertising

Contractors must apply for a permit for vegetation removal on state right-of-way to create a Sign Viewing Zone.

View Info

Outdoor Advertising

Permitting forms and information for outdoor advertising billboards.  

View Info

LOGO Sign Program

Georgia Logos, LLC manages the sign advertisements along state highways.   

View Info

Other Transportation Permits





Businesses can financially sponsor the maintenance of small road segments.  Visit or call 1 (800) 200-0003 for more information.

View Info


 Memorial Markers


Family and friends may request the placement of memorial markers within the State Highway rights of way to memorialize people who have died as a result of a vehicle crash.

Request Form

Roadside Memorial Request Form


Roadside Memorial Request Policy


Memorial Marker Request

The requestor are required to submit the following to apply for a memorial marker:

  • Roadside Memorial Marker Request Form
  • Copy of the accident report
  • The fee for the memorial marker is $100.
    A check or money order in the amount of $100, made payable to the Georgia Department of Transportation

Who Can Submit a Request?

Requests may be made by next of kin (spouse, child, sibling, parent / guardian, or grandparent) or friends. Requests from friends require the approval of the deceased's next of kin.

Marker Design & Installation

The memorial marker consist of a 15 inch round aluminum sign panel with a white background and black legend.

Markers will be located at the edge of the mowing limits.  Memorial markers will not be allowed within the limits of active construction work zones.

How Long Will the Marker Be In Place?

The marker should remin in place for one (1) year unless it becomes necessary to remove it due to construction or maintenance work.  



 Traffic Control


Red Light Running Photo

Georgia DOT requires permits for the installation of any Red Light Running Photo Enforcement Systems.

View Info

Traffic Signal Permit

Overview of how to obtain and submit traffic signal permits.

View Info