Tours of OMAT consist of a brief orientation to GDOT and OMAT, followed by visits
to several testing units within OMAT. Visitors are asked to remain together at all
times. Also, it is requested that quiet be maintained throughout the course of the
tour. Questions are welcomed in each of the units visited during the tour consist
of a brief orientation to GDOT and OMAT, followed by visits to several testing units
Additional information for visitors:
- Fee: All tours are provided free of charge.
- General age requirement: 10 years old and up.
- Group size: 10-50; groups larger than 20 will be divided into two groups.
- Tour duration: 2 hours, including 30-minute orientation.
- Reservations: Tour should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. Confirmation
of the tour date and time should be made with the tour coordinator the day before
the tour. Punctual arrival is requested.
, Tour Coordinator
Georgia Department of Transportation
Office of Materials and Testing
15 Kennedy Drive
Forest Park, Georgia 30297-2599
From I-75, take Exit 237 (Forest Parkway/State Farmer's Market) and proceed
east. Turn right at first light (Frontage Road). Proceed 0.6 mile to Kennedy Drive
and turn left. The Office of Materials and Research is the last building on the