Hurricane Hermine Updates
Road Closures in Southeast Georgia (District 5)
September 2, 2016
- SR 30 M.P. 7.5 Flooded (Bonney Br. Rd.) between SR 21-SR 25
- SR 26 M.P. 17.90 Flooded MLK@Victory Dr.
- SR 204 M.P. 24.20 Flooded MLK@37TH St.
- SR 26 M.P. 18.20 Flooded Victory Dr.@Bull St.
- SR 204 Spur M.P. 2.0 Down Tree Whitfield Ave./Diamond Causeway
- Richmond Hill crew is in route to 204 Spur to remove tree.
- SR 122 MP 16 Clinch County tree down both EB lanes blocked
- SR 73 MP 19.87 Bulloch County localized flooding lanes still passable
- SR 89 MP 5 Clinch County tree on power line SB lane block
Gov. Deal declares state of emergency ahead of Tropical Storm Hermine
September 1, 2016
The declaration includes the following counties: Appling, Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Bryan, Bulloch, Burke, Camden, Candler, Charlton, Chatham, Clinch, Coffee, Colquitt, Cook, Crisp, Decatur, Dodge, Echols, Effingham, Emanuel, Evans, Glynn, Grady, Irwin, Jeff Davis, Jefferson, Jenkins, Johnson, Lanier, Laurens, Liberty, Long, Lowndes, McIntosh, Mitchell, Montgomery, Pierce, Richmond, Screven, Seminole, Tattnall, Telfair, Thomas, Tift, Toombs, Treutlen, Turner, Ware, Wayne, Wheeler, Wilcox and Worth counties.
The public in the affected areas can track weather information at the following links: