In order to achieve maximum efficiency, economic benefit and cost-effectiveness for the region, the Department now proposes to construct the two stand-alone projects as one Design-Build-Finance (DBF), Public-Private Partnership (P3). The combined design-build cost is estimated at $1.056 billion.
The proposed improvements will be provided along I-285 from west of Roswell Road in Fulton County to east of Ashford-Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County (4.3 miles), and along SR 400 from Glenridge Connector to Spalding Drive (6.2 miles), for a total project length of 10.5 miles.
Right of Way Acquisition
- GDOT is currently acquiring required property for project P.I. # 721850- and will complete acquisition by June 30, 2016.
- GDOT is currently acquiring required property for project P.I. # 0000784 (between Glenridge Drive and the MARTA overpass) and will complete acquisition by December 31, 2016.
- The selected Developer will acquire required property, west of Glenridge Drive and east of the MARTA overpass, for project P.I. # 0000784.
Financial Close with the Developer is anticipated to occur in April 2016.
Final Design/Construction Phase
- The Developer is anticipated to receive Notice to Proceed with Final Design in April 2016.
- Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2016/early 2017.
- Construction is anticipated to be complete by Spring 2020.